The butterfly pea flower is unique as the extracted dye can change colours depending on the pH of any ingredient that is added to it. At its first brew, the beverage has a deep, midnight blue colour but a squeeze of lemon or any acidic liquid, can change its colour to violet and further to pink.
Butterfly pea (Clitoria ternatea L.) is a climbing legume (Leguminosae) that has small flowers which are beautiful and funnel-shaped. It originated from tropical Asia, but now was widely distributed in Central and South America, India and China. The blue colour flower is popular in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines as an edible food dye and also brewed into tea.
Bionutricia Extract combines state-of-the-art processing with the highest quality butterfly pea flower to produce butterfly pea flower liquid. Extracting goodness and key characteristics from butterfly pea flowers and transforming them into liquid extracts offer various advantages to the users such as easy, cost-effective to transport, and inherently stable for storage with no loss of quality or efficacy.
Direction Of Use
Use in baking (desserts, cakes, etc.) or beverages where flavour, colour, and nutrients are required. Use 1 tablespoon for each 4 oz /113 g cup of ingredients and add more as preferred.
Dosage: 2% – 8%
• 1 Tablespoon (10g) • 1 Teaspoon (4g)
There is no harm/chemicals/preservatives, just harmony, manufactured naturally
- No Fillers
- No Flavors
- No Additives
- No Preservatives
- No Artificial Colours
- Soy and Gluten Free
Keep in a cool & dry place (<28ºC). Avoid sunlight. Fridge would be best.
Keep away from children.
Has a shelf life of 12 months, in the original sealed packaging below 25°C, relative humidity below 65% and odour-free conditions.
Packages should not be in direct contact with walls or floors.
- Due to the nature of plant / herbal extract, liquid may thicken due to heat or moisture.
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet.
- If you are pregnant, lactating or taking medications, please consult a physician before taking any nutritional products.
- Colour, taste, and texture may vary from batch to batch, and sediment might occur as the ingredients used are natural.
- Stop using this product if an allergy occurs.