Coffee is one of the three most popular beverages in the world (alongside water and tea) and one of the most profitable international commodities. Its popularity is mainly attributed to its invigorating effect, which is produced by caffeine.
Two species of coffee plants, Coffea arabica (Arabica) and C. canephora (Robusta), supply almost all of the world’s consumption. Arabica is considered a milder and more flavourful and aromatic brew than Robusta. Arabica requires a cool subtropical climate; Latin America, eastern Africa, Asia, and Arabia are leading producers of Arabica coffee. Robusta bean, is hardier and can grow at lower altitudes so it is cheaper to produce and has twice the caffeine content of Arabica; Western and Central Africa, Southeast Asia, and Brazil are major producers of Robusta coffee.
Coffee beans are actually seeds. It is only after they have been dried, roasted and ground that they can be used to brew the humble zip. If unprocessed coffee seeds are planted, they can germinate and grow into coffee plants. A new planted coffee bushes take 3-4 years to bear fruit. The fruit, commonly termed cherries, will be picked and then processed in order to extract the beans using machines as the beans are relatively hard. The beans are cleaned and dried. Unroasted coffee is known as green coffee. Roasting seeks to transform the green coffee into the aromatic brown beans that we can find in markets. Roasting is carried out at temperatures of approximately 280°C and the time and temperature can be adjusted to produce different types of roasts – light, medium and dark. Roasting for a longer duration and a higher temperature can reduce the acidity of coffee bean as well as the aroma. Roasted coffee bean can be sold in the market as whole bean or fine powder.
Green coffee contains chlorogenic acid but the content diminished during roasting due to its less heat stability. Since the caffeine content has to be stated in the label, the consumer has to control their coffee intake so it will not exceed daily allowance of caffeine.
The best known ingredient in coffee is caffeine and its beneficial effects on the human body has been studied widely. First, it can boost physical performance by 10-12% because caffeine increases adrenaline levels in the blood. By increasing the body metabolism, coffee can help to burn fat and lose weight. When someone feel tired, coffee is always the first choice to help improve focus and improve mental alertness. Coffee also has been shown to reduce the risk of cancer and stroke and protect against neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases. Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and boosts production of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline, which elevate our mood.
*Direction of Use*
Add 1-5 tablespoons or 2-6% of total weight or as needed. Mix, top or blend in water, smoothies, beverages, ice-cream, kuih-muih, cake, jam, jelly, pudding, snacks, biscuits, desserts, dressing & recipes. Encapsulated aroma will release once dissolve in warm water. For Baking: Means need to add 20g-60g of the extract to make a 1kg cake. (Depends on personal preferences)
*Storage Method: Extract Powder*
● Store in a cool dry place. Reseal after opening.
● It’s recommended to keep it inside sealed container or store at the refrigerator to avoid powder caking problem.
● After the expiry date, must store in the fridge then can be last 3 months more(unopened & opened).
Please note & consider when purchasing Powders:
● Due to the nature of plant/herbal powders that have no additives or preservatives, our products may clump when the pouch is exposed to heat or moisture. Always store in a cool, dry place.
● Powder texture may vary. Some powder is very fine, while some powder is more coarse. Please take this into consideration when ordering.
● If you are pregnant, lactating, or taking medications, please consult a physician before taking any nutritional products. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet.
● Colour, taste, texture may vary from batch to batch, and sediment might occur as the ingredients used are natural.
● Stop using this product if an allergy occurred.
There are no reviews yet.