Standardized Natural Pandan Leaf Extract
Fresh Natural Flavour & Color / Chlorophyll / Phytonutrient
Pandan leaves or Pandanus amaryllifolius and sometimes called screw pine is a tall grass that grows in Asia and Southeast Asia. Pandan leaves have many culinary uses and also used as a cosmetic and alternative medicine to treat a variety of disease for centuries. The strong nutty aroma of pandan is caused by the aroma compound 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline, which may give white bread, jasmine rice and basmati rice their typical smell. The plant is widely cultivated in Malaysia.
Bionutricia combines state of the art of processing with the highest quality pandan leaves to produce spray dried pandan essence. Extracting goodness and key characteristics from pandan and transforming them into dried extracts offer various advantages to the users such as easy, cost effective to transport, and inherently stable for storage with no loss of quality or efficacy. Therefore, this product is suitable for coloring and flavoring in F&B industries.
Pandan Distribution Channel
• Restaurant • Manufacturer • Central Kitchen • Food Ingredient Supplier • Flavour House & End User/House wife • Hotel • Bar • Food Service Distributor • Food Kiosk and Cinema
Pandan Application Channel
Drinks: • Cooling • Energy • Cordial • Carbonated/Fizzy • Coffee • Ginger/Traditional Drink • Tea • Milk • Soy • Coconut • Ice-Cream • Kuih-muih • Jelly • Cake, Tea • Biscuit (filling cream) • Jam • Pudding • Filling for Pancake • Chocolate (filling) • Bao/Bun
Chemical Free Pandan Leaves grown & harvested in preserved pasture of Malaysia agricultural
Research & Development of Pandan leaf extract to produce standardized extract that contain the entire above mentioned phytochemicals industrial & commercialization purposes.
Pandanus Amaryllifolius contains
• Saponins • Flavonoids • Triterpenes • Active Compounds • Epicatechin • Naringin • Catechin • Kaempherol • Gallic Acid • Cinnamic Acid • Ferulic Acid
It has amino acids such as
• Glutamic Acid • Aspartic Acid • Threonine •hActive Compounds • Serine • Histidine • Alanine • Prolina
Extracts are tested by FRIM to contain high amount of active compounds.
HALAL Certificate & High Standard Product Quality Control
We provide nutritious, convenient & consistency for your application on food processing.
Problem Statement 1
There is no standardised extract of pandan leaf in the market. Manufacturer did not measure & quantify the active phytochemical compound & the efficacy & safety is not verified.
We will produce a standardized pandan leaf extract with quantified active phytochemical compound & tested effectiveness & safety.
Problem Statement 2
There is no natural flavour & colour of energy drink with no food additive & preservative (Synthetic energy drink).
Ultrasonic & enzymatic pretreatment process into green biotechnology extraction & micro-encapsulated spray dryer.
Problem Statement 3
Current energy drinks are high in sugar content, artificial sweetener & caffeine which is not healthy.
With this technology, we will produce 100% natural flavour & colour cooling energy drink which will not affect sleeping quality.
MORE THAN JUST FRESH NATURAL COLOUR & FLAVOUR
Health Benefit of Standardized Natural Pandan Extract (NPE)
Alkaline pH Health Balanced Body
Natural Pandan Extract (NPE) is alkaline-forming to the body. Viruses and diseases such as colds, flu, cancer and even heart disease thrive in an acidic body, but cannot survive when your body is alkaline (pH 7.1 – 7.5).
NPE have been demonstrated to have the following properties.
• Free radical scavenging activity • Nitric oxide scavenging activity • Reduced ferric ion activity • Reduced lipid peroxidation in liver • Increased the reduced glutathione (GSH) in liver
Cooling & Detoxifying
NPE contained Chlorophyll that can help body remove toxins & pollutants.
|In vivo study on effect of chlorophyll on aflatoxin detoxification|
|Subject||Healthy adults (n=180)||Male F344 rats (n=21)|
|Duration of the study||4 months||2 days|
|Dosage||3 times a day||5 daily doses|
|Groups||Control : Placebo
Test group: 100mg chlorophyllin
|Control: 250 mg/kg aflatoxin B1 (AFB1) alone
Test group 1: AFB1 dose with 250 mg/kg chlorophyllin (CHL)
Test group 2: AFB1 dose with 300 mg/kg chlorophyll (chl)
|Parameters analysed||Aflatoxin-N-guanine level in urine samples||Aflatoxin—serum albumin
Urinary AFB–N7 -guanine and fecal AFB equivalents
|Function||• Chlorophyllin impedes the bioavailability of carcinogens by forming molecular complexes and enhances their elimination in the fecal stream
• Chlorophyll provides potent chemoprotection against early AFB1 carcinogenesis in the rat liver and colon.
|Visible Benefits||• Decreased Aflatoxin-N-guanine level in liver and serum by 55% and 71% respectively
• Decreased Aflatoxin-N-guanine level in urine by 92%
Quick Recovery Of Energy
Polysaccharides extracted from Pandan are its main bioactive compound & have multiple pharmacological activities. This study is designed to investigate the anti-fatigue effects of Pandan’s polysaccharide (PP) in mice using the forced swimming tests. The results from this study will be extrapolated into human use. Therefore, one product from Pandan using polysaccharide as marker will be developed.
|In vivo study on effect of chlorophyll on aflatoxin detoxification|
|Subject||Male Wistar rats (n=28)|
|Duration of the study||14 days|
|Dosage||• Once daily by oral • 10% extract, 5ml/200g BB|
|Groups||• Positive control : Amitriptilin • Negative control: Water • Test group: 10% pandan extract|
|Parameters analysed||• Forced swimming test • Cortisol level|
|Function||The extract increased mobility and reduced stress level|
|Visible Benefits||• Decreased immobility time by 45.3% • Decreased cortisol level by 33.2%|
Natural Presence of amino acid (glutamic acid, proline, ornithine) in NPE
Amino acids can improve body energy and enhance performance in your workout.
- Glutamic acid which are due to its ability to convert to Glutamine, one of the most important amino acids. Of particular interest to athletes, it positively impacts energy production, wound healing & emergency energy release.
- Proline is an amino acid needed for the production of collagen & cartilage. It keeps muscles & joints flexible.
- Ornithine is related to ammonia detoxification in the liver. Hence, ammonia detoxification is important for enhancement of exercise performance. Therefore, ornithine has recently been promoted as one of the commercial sports supplements.
Pandan Leaf Liquid & Powder Extraction Process
Save your time with Pandan Leaf Extract
- Available in fine premium powder & concentrated liquid
- Green bio-technology extraction for optimal phyto-nutrients
- Freshness superfoods in a pack, hand picked highest quality
- Eco-friendly resealable packaging
- No harm, just harmony, manufactured naturally. No chemicals
- Free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers
- Easy-to-use & satisfaction guarantee